Neuter your pet cat for just £5!
Cats Protection is running a new neutering campaign in Birmingham - the B1 – B45 postcode areas - and it means pet cats can be neutered for just £5!
If you receive a state benefit, or are on a low household income or maybe a full-time student or pensioner, you should qualify for help. Here's the link for more information. http://www.cats.org.uk/bham
If you live outside of B1-B45 postcodes, neutering can still be cost effective.
We can offer vouchers towards the cost of neutering to those on certain benefits and low incomes. Currently (2019) these vouchers are worth £40 for a female and £25 for a male cat. Some vets may require a 'top up' on the voucher value.
Neutering prevents future generations of cats and kittens suffering the same plight of being left unwanted and abandoned, and helps those in financial difficulty to continue to enjoy their pets without running into problems.
Leaflets are available about the benefits of neutering in the following languages; English, Urdu, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Hindi
Why Neuter Cats?
• A female cat can start to reproduce from four months old and have up to three litters a year with five or six kittens per litter
• Male cats are fertile as early as six months old and each can impregnate hundreds of female cats every year
• Cats reproduce incredibly efficiently and a single female can be responsible for over 20,000 offspring in just five years
• A neutered cat makes a better pet; it is not as territorial, is less aggressive, more affectionate and less likely to wander. Neutered cats also usually live longer
• Neutering can literally save a cat's life. Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) and Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV) are life-threatening diseases for cats. These diseases are transmitted through mating and fighting. Neutered cats are less likely to get into fights with other cats and won’t mate.
For more information about our neutering schemes please call 0345 260 1503.